How to get rid of cauliflower ear ;
If you look carefully in the ears of amateur boxers, football players and college wrestlers, you may notice that your ears are quite deformed and swollen. Many people in contact sports use their cauliflower ears as battle scars or a badge of honor, but they can do more harm than good. If you suffer from this particular sports injury, here are some ways to relieve ear pain and restore back to its normal appearance.
causes cauliflower ear
cauliflower ear is a hematoma caused by trauma to the tissues of the outer ear. The condition is often seen among boxers and wrestlers, but can also get cauliflower ear because of an impact high impact on the ear. The appearance of cauliflower ear is unattractive, but it can cause other serious ear problems:
- hearing loss. The trauma suffered by the destruction of cartilage and other connective tissues in the external ear can cause blood to pool, and subjecting the middle and inner ear a lot of pressure. If there is too much pressure builds up in the ear, which may end up with permanent hearing loss.
- Pain. If getting hit, kicked or punched in the ear is not painful enough, the damage that accompanies cauliflower ear is much more painful. Cauliflowered ears are very sensitive to touch, and they can run the risk of rupture of the wound. (More information about the Pain)
sports doctors and physicians recommend that cauliflower ear be treated immediately to avoid any risk of permanent hearing loss or cosmetic damage. When the cartilage is calcified, it can also run the risk of developing skin cancer, or that the ear will look very unattractive and rough. This is how doctors treat cauliflower ear:
- Analgesics or painkillers to the patient are given to reduce pain. The swelling can also be reduced with anti-inflammatory medication.
- A needle and a syringe is inserted into the ear and part of the liquid is drained out of the ear lobe swollen.
- A chemical (usually a steroid) is introduced into the interior space cauliflowered ear. Steroid stops capillaries and other blood vessels from bleeding in the ear, and avoids the risk of infection or further inflammation.
- Steroid and blood vessels in the earlobe are secured to prevent further damage. Tape, gauze or plaster is used to protect the ear until healing is complete.
- By serious damage earlobe, cosmetic surgery may be needed to restore hearing.
- Your doctor will prescribe
cauliflower ear is a disease that is very easy to prevent. Most team members and collegiate wrestling fans and wear protective helmet ear guards boxers. Protective equipment avoid crushing blows or high-impact takedowns damage your outer ear, and cause pain and inflammation associated with cauliflower ear. For amateur competitive wrestling, it can also prevent cauliflower ear maneuvering his body so that you can protect your head and prevent injury to the rest of your body.
Cauliflower ear can be a symbol of value or a testimony of the battles won with effort, but can cause many health problems in the long run. With these steps, you can minimize the risk of hearing damage and preserve the appearance of your ear. If you like reading this article, you will surely enjoy learning to use ear candles.
The post How to get rid of cauliflower ear appeared first on http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/how-to-get-rid-of-cauliflower-ear/